1500 North College Avenue, Claremont, CA 91711· 909-625-8767 · www.rsabg.org
POSITION: Admissions Kiosk Cashier
DEPARTMENT: Visitor Services
STATUS: Part-time position (including weekends and occasional evenings)
HOURS: 15 to 20 hours’ week "shifts approx. 5 hours"
The Admissions Kiosk Cashier will sell admission and special events tickets to the Garden and provide customer service, information and assistance to all guests and members.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Open and close the Admissions Kiosk.
- Greet and welcome visiting members, public, volunteers and guests.
- Collect admission fees, assist in orienting visitors, and answer questions.
- Conduct periodic visitor surveys and record visitor demographic data as directed by supervisor.
- Prepare daily summary reports for business office.
- Maintain orderly appearance of the Admissions Kiosk; keep brochure racks stocked.
- Request and restock supplies as necessary to the operation of the Admissions Kiosk.
- Be observant for any potential security risks to the Admissions Kiosk and cash, complying with procedures in the Admissions Kiosk Standard Procedures Manual.
- Invite visitors to become members of RSABG, sell memberships and tickets to special events.
- Refer visitors to appropriate Garden staff regarding specific inquires.
- Perform general clerical duties as needed/directed.
- Light cleaning of the Admission Kiosk area as needed.
- Assist Visitor Services staff and Director as necessary in carrying out Department and Garden goals.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Personal enthusiasm and flexibility, with proven customer service experience.
- Ability to communicate well through speaking and writing.
- Ability to work with individuals with diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to communicate effectively with both adults and children in a courteous, respectful, and professional manner.
- Knowledge of cash handling procedures: make proper change, complete credit card transactions, and perform accurate receipt management, following established procedures.
- Must be comfortable working with large crowds.
- Able to exercise sound judgment in performing responsibilities.
Must be able to work outdoors for up to 6 hour shifts throughout the year
Occasional light lifting (boxes of printed materials, etc.).