RANCHO SANTA ANA BOTANIC GARDEN
1500 North College Avenue, Claremont, CA 91711-3157 · Phone 909-625-8767 · Fax 909-626-7670 www.rsabg.org
TITLE: Exhibits Intern (Getty Multicultural Undergraduate Internship)
DEPARTMENT: Advancement / Visitor Services
STATUS: Paid Internship for consecutive ten-week work period between June and August, 2017.
REPORTS TO: Manager of Communications and Graphic Design
The Exhibits Intern will assist with the design and production of Rancho Santa Ana Botanic Garden’s gallery shows that highlight intersections between the visual arts and the Garden’s focus on California native plants. With an annual roster of approximately six exhibitions collectively in the Garden’s indoor and outdoor gallery spaces, the Exhibits Intern will play an integral role across multiple arts-related shows in different stages of development. These exhibits can span the disciplines of plein air, photography, sculpture, site-specific installation and other art forms as they address environmental themes and/or the Garden's collections specifically. The Exhibits Intern will support the design, interpretation and administration of these exhibitions.
● Ability to work on both small and large scale projects
● Interest in using social media and other marketing strategies
● Ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint and other standard office software.
● Demonstrated interest in the visual arts, environmental sciences and/or exhibit design.
● Working knowledge of Adobe programs a plus, but not required.
Qualified candidates please send cover letter and resume to:
Rancho Santa Ana Botanic Garden
Attention: David Bryant
1500 N College Avenue, Claremont, CA 91711