TITLE: Field Botany Technician (invasive plants)
DEPARTMENT: Field Studies
STATUS: Full time hourly (4 months)
In collaboration with the
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Under cooperative agreements between RSABG, the
, and National Forest Foundation assists in the execution of invasive plant species removal. Angeles National Forest
- Manual removal of invasive plant species
- Drive and navigate to field sites
- Other duties as assigned.
- A working knowledge of basic taxonomic principles and characteristics of major plant families and
flora desired. California
- Ability to perform difficult physical labor such as pulling up plants.
- Ability to use GPS equipment and read/navigate with topographic maps.
- Knowledge and ability to properly use chainsaws and other hazardous equipment.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Ability to conduct fieldwork under a variety of environmental conditions is required.
- The physical ability to hike several miles a day for 10+ hours a day, carrying a pack through strenuous terrain in adverse weather conditions.
- Must have physical strength and endurance sufficient to carry field equipment and supplies
Qualified candidates please send cover letter and resume to:
Attention: Naomi Fraga
Fax to (909) 626-3489
Volunteering is a wonderful way to explore the many facets of
Visit the “Become a Volunteer” page on our website to learn more about opportunities.