Saturday, March 28, 2015, 10 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Included with standard admission or membership.
Experience the scents, sights, and flavors at this 2nd annual garden event celebrating Salvia species native to California.
Check out sage-related vendors, try a sample of some sage-inspired culinary delights, enjoy a free workshop or wildflower walk, listen to music and get sage advice (of course!).
Check back often as we build this list of participants and activities. MEMBERS: There will be a special RSABG member event from 10 am to noon in the Container Garden - come get your first look at our new Secrets of Sage exhibit!
20-minute lectures in the California Courtyard (TBA)
Sage activities, booths and confirmed participants in the 2015 Sage Festival include:
- NEW Sage products in the California Garden Gift Shop, including Sage Honey and Naked Infusions' Sage Salsa!
- BEE Green Honey
- Bert and Rocky's Ice Cream Company
- Native sage recipe tastings by Chia Cafe and RSABG staff
- Food Truck: The Hurricane Kitchen will be on hand for those who want to purchase lunch and picnic.
- Fresh native plant flower arrangements by Native Designs
- Grow Native Nursery - with many varieties of native sages to choose from!
- Opening of the new Secrets of Sage exhibit in the Container Garden
- Padua Farms hand-made soaps and balms, infused with native sages and other herbs
- Pomona College Organic Farm
- Potpourri craft (child-friendly)
- Live music by the High Strung Trio
- Locally made sage-infused raw nut milk by RawNutMilk
- Sage Advice - (How could we NOT include this?)
- Sage Scavenger Hunt
- 'See the Sages Salvia Stroll' - Guided 30-minute walking tours highlighting sages in the garden; scheduled to depart at 10, 10:30, 11, 11:30, 12, 12:30, 1, and 1:30 from the California Courtyard.
- Try your luck on the Wheel of Sage!
- and MORE!