Saturday, March 28, 2015, 10 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Included with standard admission or membership.
Experience the scents, sights, and flavors at this 2nd annual garden event celebrating Salvia species native to California.
Check out sage-related vendors, try a sample of some sage-inspired culinary delights, enjoy a free workshop or wildflower walk, listen to music and get sage advice (of course!).
Check back often as we build this list of participants and activities. There will be a special RSABG member event from 10 am to noon in the Container Garden.
20-minute lectures in the California Courtyard (TBA)
Sage activities, booths and confirmed participants in the 2015 Sage Festival include:
- Native sage recipe tastings
- Grow Native Nursery - with many varieties of native sages to choose from!
- Sage Advice - (How could we NOT include this opportunity?)
- Try your luck on the Wheel of Sage!
- Padua Farms hand-made soaps and balms, infused with native sages and other herbs
- BEE Green Honey
- Fresh native plant flower arrangements by Native Designs
- Potpourri craft (child-friendly)
- 'See the Sages Salvia Stroll' - Guided walking tours of sages in the garden
- Opening of the new Secrets of Sage exhibit in the Container Garden
- Sage Scavenger Hunt
- Food Truck: The Hurricane Kitchen will be on hand for those who want to purchase lunch and picnic.
- Live music by the High Strung Trio
- Locally made sage-infused raw nut milk by RawNutMilk
- More to come!