Free Garden Admission for all 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. (last entry at 4:30 p.m.)
Behind-the-Scenes Open House opportunities
10 - 11:30 a.m. and 1 - 2:30 p.m.
Join Rancho Santa Ana Botanic Garden for this special day of celebrating the environmental stewardship, conservation, and education efforts put forth by botanical gardens around the nation.
The day will feature open house-style, behind-the-scenes looks at our diverse collections and areas not generally accessible to the public. When you arrive for this free admission day, visit our orientation station to learn how you can take advantage of these opportunities. Follow signs to specific locations and learn first-hand about the work being done at Rancho Santa Ana Botanic Garden experts will highlight the important work done here on a daily basis.
Tentative Schedule - - Actual schedule and opportunities may vary.
Behind-the-scenes Open House Opportunities
10-11:30 a.m., 1-2:30 p.m.
- Herbarium with Mare Nazaire, Ph.D., Collections Manager, Herbarium [RSA-POM] and curatorial staff
- Molecular Laboratory with Loraine Washburn, Laboratory Manager and Conservation Botanist, assisted by Botany Program Graduate Students
- Library and Archives with Irene Holiman, Library Specialist
- Seed Conservation Program with Evan Meyer, Seed Conservation Program Manager
- Nursery and Greenhouses with Antonio Sanchez and Dolores Ruiz, Grow Native Nursery
Garden Walking Tours
Start at 11 a.m. and 1 p.m.
Join us for 60-minute guided walking tours of the Garden including our Secrets of Sage exhibit in the California Container Garden. Tours depart from the front patio of the Garden Shop. The walking portion of the tour is approximately one mile.
National Public Gardens Day was established by the American Public Gardens Association in 2009 and celebrates the vital role public gardens play in communities and highlights the environmental stewardship, conservation efforts and educational programs undertaken by public gardens across the nation. National Public Gardens Day is sponsored by American Public Gardens Association and Rainbird.